Saturday 23 November 2013

Film Title

After deciding the premise of my film, I now need to think of a name.

My film is about a single mother who moves into a new house with her two children after something stressful happened in their last house. While her children are playing one of them mysteriously disappears or has died. Supernatural things begin to happen in the house which seems to connect to the missing child.

Once I had come up with a list of possible names that would be suitable for a film from the horror genre, and would also reflect the narrative of my film, I held a focus group to see which film title was most popular - the results are below:

Gone - 2/10                        
Trauma - 5/10
Abduction - 4.5/10
Absent - 6/10                                                
Forgotten - 1/10
Lost - 2/10
Vanished - 7/10
Snatched - 5/10
Erasure - 8/10                  
Birds that Never Sleep - 8.5/10
The Mourning - 10/10                             
The Tenant - 7/10
The Devil's Breath - 9/10
The Shadowing - 9/10

As "The Mourning" is most popular (and was in my top five), I have decided it should be the title of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment