Wednesday 11 December 2013

Potential Taglines

Having conducted research into existing taglines for horror movies, and made a note of the elements that crop up time and again, I have put together some potential taglines for my film. I have followed the conventions I found and I would like to use my chosen tagline on both my poster and in my teaser trailer, to help unify my marketing campaign.


Below are a list of possible taglines, with reasons for and aginst their inclusion:

The Weak and Feeble Hide Away
Because at Night the Dead will Play

Originally I felt that rhyming would be quite appropriate considering that in my research many taglines played on tradilitonal childlike things. However, I found that the tone of this tagline wasn't right due to the rhyming, but also the exact wording of the tagline didn't fit in with the narrative of my film.

A Missing Child 

A New Beginning

This is the tagline I will be using in my teaser trailer because it plays on the tone of a false sense of security, without sounding slightly silly (or childlike).

Some Things are Better Left Forgotten 

I thought of this tagline because it was short and directly to the point - for this reason I felt that it would be memorable. However, it didn't seem that effective as although it referenced a "thing" like in my research, it didn't clearly define the genre or give any hint to the plot.

You Haven't Seen the Worst of It 

Despite the fact this directly references the audience and is brief, considering the subject matter it seemed insensitive (considering the story is about a potentially dead child) and not completely relevant.

Lady Bug, Lady Bug 
Fly Away Home

I really wanted to use a nursery rhyme for my tagline, however, I wanted one with a sinister undertone. After looking at many popularly misunderstood nursery rhymes like "Mary Mary" and "Rock-a-bye Baby" I felt like the message of this nursery rhyme was very unsettling. However, if I was to use this as a tagline it wouldn't make much sense or define the genre. I am planning on finding another way of incorporating this into my teaser trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment