Thursday 12 December 2013

Potential Shot List for My Teaser Trailer

As part of the planning of my film, I have created a rough shot list that I can follow during filming (which I am planning to do next weekend). I have created this shot list, which is in chronological order of how I would like the shots to appear in my trailer (though I will put them into a shooting schedule to help me when filming), though I plan to re-draft the shot list over the coming week so that by the time I come to film I am certain about exactly what I want.

I will follow this as closely as I can when filming my teaser trailer - although a script is not included in my teaser trailer I have added brief references of dialogue to help me get an idea of what is happening in each shot.

*dialogue* with neighbour about the bullying in shot reverse shot (twice)
*safe neighbourhood* two locations

Establishing shot of house (sold sign?)
Establishing shot of people walking into house
MCU of the mum (doors slightly open)
MCU kids responding to rooms
ECU of hand putting things up (3)
MCU and CU of children playing

*must meet other neighbour - wife and child died*

LS from window of neighbour gardening
MCU of neighbour digging - look and smile
MCU of mum from window looking curious
MS of mum opening door from shed
Pan in - CU of bottles in shed
CU of alcohol being poured into glass
MCU of mum drinking

*dialogue to therapist*

Child playing - MLS
MCU of mum doing something
Another shot of other child - MCU
Mum turning- CU
Tracking shot as other child runs back *dialogue*
MCU mum having a look
Cut back to same location - child isn't there
POV where child isn't there
(try zoom)

Short reverse shot of policeman (MS) and mum (MCU)
*just vanished*
*does your son/daughter have any history of psychiatric problems?*
*why?*

Man and original neighbour talking about mum
*sure I'll talk to her*

Glimpse of romance with wine SRS
*so kind*

4 people dialogue: tells audience things are getting bad. Unreliable narrator. Get out of there (from doorway). Everything changes now.

*montage*
LS - back of guy opening boot
MS - guy looking in boot
HA MS shot of mum running
LS of stopping - bends down
ECU of doll
ECU hand grabbing doll (darker)
LS child looking through window
MS mum looking out seeing daughter behind in reflection
CU mum turns around
Est shot of empty room
ECU - pulling back sheet
CU - reaction of mum
LS - Policeman running along wall with gun
MS - mum by door with knife
Shot of smashed bottles by mum
Shot of shed with all smashed bottles
MCU behind lit of guy
Shot of mum and man running (try distances)
LS - mum and man hugging
LS - woman drives past and looks out window
ECU - teddy bear in mums hands
MCU - mum embracing teddy crying
CU of hand coming up
*montage ends*

 MCU of mum
*what have you done with my child*

CUT TO BLACK

fade in

MS with mum sitting down with glass.
Music comes on

CU of mum looking up
Jagged different angles CUs of mum looking around

FINISH

No comments:

Post a Comment