Saturday 19 October 2013

Different Publications - Conclusion

When looking at these different kinds of publications, I found that there are similarities across all of them, for example the masthead being the dominant font, placed in the top quarter of the cover.



I also noticed that each publication includes cover lines, a barcode and banners (as well as price, date and issue numbers), so I know that I will use all of these when creating my own magazine cover.



I discovered, however, that the content of the cover changes depending on audience and publication type, for example when comparing the cover lines on Total Film and Sight and Sound, the films mentioned were for completely different audiences. When I decide which type of publication I am going to create, I now have a better understanding of what type of content to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment